RaumArs offers two or three artists performing a community art project free use of the apartment each year, strives to organize work opportunities and provide a small material fee, as well as provide assistance in the implementation of the proposed community art project. Other artists pay a monthly fee. RaumArs supports all artists by paying the remaining housing and operating costs of the residence. Everyone is charged a registration fee and a cash deposit. Artists must take care of the general cost of living, travel, and transportation costs for works of art.
The apartment of 82 sqm consists of 3 rooms, a kitchen, a toilet and a shower/toilet in a wooden detached house in Old Rauma, just opposite to the Old Church Ruins. The house (yard) consists of 9 lodgings and is owned by a private owner. Rauma Art Museum and artists' studios locate close by. You can be living alone, with your mate/partner or with other artists. Artist will take care of the apartment so that it stays in a good condition while living there and for the next artist to make herself/himself at home.
- Downstairs: small entrance, small toilet, shared kitchen, room with two beds.
- Upstairs: a room with two beds, a lobby, shared toilet/shower with a washing machine.
- Fully equipped kitchen, printer/scanner, wifi, some basic tools. There are also all needed bed linen, towels, few bathrobes and hairdryers.
- Four bicycles available to the artists to use.
- Pets are not allowed.
No separate workspace in addition to the common lobby space upstairs. Community art projects / participatory projects often take place in schools or other partner facilities. The artist has the opportunity to ask for rental premises from our various partners, for example a wood workshop or looms.
Fees per room
- 250 €/month/room
- accompanying partner 100 €/month (children 50 €)
- whole house 500 €/month (1-4 persons/family). Additional charges from non-artists.
- guests 20 €/night
- stipend artist is entitled to one bedroom free of charge
The registration fee of € 100 / artist is paid immediately after admission to the residence. The first month's rent must be paid before arrival at the residence. A refundable security deposit of € 120 per room will be charged four months before arrival at the end of the residence (once the required forms have been completed and the apartment cleaned).